|OKGenWeb > ITGenWeb > Applications > Alphabetical > Numerical > Email|
MILLER APPLICATION # 24696
Residence: Baron, Okla.
1st cousin to #1386
Grandparents: Richard + Alcey Te-ca-ne-ye-skee, 496 Going Snake. Father born after 1851.
Commissioner of Indian Affairs
Washington, D. C.
I hereby make application for such share as me be due me of the fund appropriated by the Act of Congress approved June 30, 1906, in accordance with the decrees of the Court of Claims of May 18, 1905, and May 28, 1906, in favor of the Eastern Cherokees. The evidence of identity is herewith subjoined.
1. State Full Name:
English Name-Richard Ketcher
2. Residence and Post Office- Barron
3. County: ?? Judicial District
4. State: Indian Territory
5. How old are you? 24 Born Nov. 24, 1882
6. Where were you born? Cherokee Nation Ind. Ter.
7. Are you married? No
8. Name and age of wife or husband:
9. To what tribe of Indians does he or she belong?
10. Name all your children who were living on May 28, 1906, giving their ages:
11. Give names of your father and mother and your mother's name before marriage.
English name: Ellis Ketcher
English name: Lucy Ketcher
Maiden name: Lucy Proctor
12. Where were they born?
Father- Cherokee Nation Ind. Ter.
Mother-Cherokee Nation Ind. Ter.
13. Where did they reside in 1851 if living at that time?
Father- Born Later
14. Date of death of your father and mother:
15. Were they ever enrolled for annuities, land, or other benefits? If so, state when and where-
For allotment and strip payment.
16. Name all your brothers and sisters, giving ages, and residence if possible:
Nancy J. Jones born May 21, 1882 Barron, I. T.
Ezekiel Ketcher born Jun. 27, 1884 Barron, I. T.
Sallie Ketcher born Feb. 24, 1892
17. State English and Indian names of your grandparents on both father's and mother's side, if possible:
Richard Tick a nee skie
Alcy Tick a nee skie
18. Where were they born? Don't Know
19. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time? Cherokee Nation, Ind. Ter.
20. Give names of all their children, and residence, if possible:
Jeff Ketcher Stilwell Ind. Ty.
Anderson Ketcher Barron, I. T.
Ellis Ketcher Barron, I. T.
John Catcher Barron I. T.
Ollie Reese, Barron I. T.
21. Have you ever been enrolled for money, annuities, land or other benefits: If so, state when and where, and with what tribe of Indians:
For allotment, Cherokee , Cherokee Strip Payment.
22. To assist in identification, claimant should give the full English and Indian names, if possible, of their paternal and maternal ancestors back to 1835.
(Under this head the applicant may give additional information that he believes will assist in proving his claim).
Note: Answers should be brief but explicit: the words ‘yes’ , ‘no’, and ‘unknown’ may be used in cases where applicable. Read the questions carefully.
I solemnly swear that the foregoing statements made by me are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Signed: Richard Ketcher
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 11 day of June, 1907
(The following affidavit must be sworn to by two or more witnesses who are well acquainted with the applicant.)
Personally appeared before me Geo. W. Smith and William Jones, who being duly sworn, on oath depose and say that they are well acquainted with Richard Ketcher , who makes the foregoing application and statements, and have known him for 15 years and 10 years, respectively, and know him to be the identical person he represents himself to be, and that the statements made by him are true, to the best of their knowledge and belief, and they have no interest whatever in his claim.
Geo W. Smith
[Transcribed by Katy Pitts, July 2003]