|OKGenWeb > ITGenWeb > Applications > Alphabetical > Numerical > Email|
MILLER APPLICATION # 5239
Henrietta Evelyn Nidiffer
Delaware Co., Afton, Oklahoma
Admitted. Sister of MA # 1746, Emma J. Davidson, and claims through same ancestors.
Commissioner of Indian Affairs
Washington, D. C.
I hereby make application for such share as me be due me of the fund appropriated by the Act of Congress approved June 30, 1906, in accordance with the decrees of the Court of Claims of May 18, 1905, and May 28, 1906, in favor of the Eastern Cherokees. The evidence of identity is herewith subjoined.
1. State Full Name:
English Name- Henrietta Evelyn Nidiffer
2. Residence- Afton, Indian Territory
3. Town and Post Office- Afton, Indian Territory
5. State- Indian Territory, Cherokee Nation
6. Date and Place of Birth- Delaware District, January 10, 1883
7. By what right do you claim to share? If you claim through more than one relative living in 1851, set forth each claim separately: Grandfather- Isaac Nidiffer
Grandma- Lucy Nidiffer
Grandmother mother- Sabrina Arthur
Aunt- Charlotte Tarnce nee Arthur
Uncles- George W. Arthur and Barney Freeman Arthur
8. Are you married? NO
9. Name and age of wife or husband-
10. Give names of your father and mother, and your mother’s name before marriage- Father- English name- Felix G. Nidiffer
Mother- English name- Joanna Ruth Linder (nee) Nidiffer
Maiden name-Joanna R. Linder
11. Where were they born? Both parents born Cherokee Nation East
12. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time Both born since 1851.
Date of death of your father and mother? Father died October 16, 1896
Mother still living
13. Were they ever enrolled for annuities, land, or other benefits? If so, state when and where-
On all rolls since birth until deaths. Father and mother on all rolls up till present time.
14. Name all your brothers and sisters, giving ages, and if not living, give date of death- Emma Josephine Nidiffer b. 1877 d.
Anna L. Nidiffer b. 1881 d.
Henrietta E. Nidiffer b. 1883 d.
Martha M. Nidiffer b. 1884 d.
John R. Nidiffer b. 1886 d.
George William Nidiffer b. 1889 d.
Freeman E. Nidiffer b. 1893 d.
Mamie L. Nidiffer b. 1895 d.
Bessie M. Nidiffer b. 1891 d. 1893 or 1895 *(1895)
15. State English and Indian name of your grandparents on both father’s and mother’s side, if possible- Father’s side:
Isaac Nidiffer (not of Indian blood)
John Linder *(MA # 4237)
Annie Hilderbrand (nee) Linder
16. Where were they born? Grandfather-Cherokee Nation East
Grandmother- Cherokee Nation West-Delaware District
17. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time? Cherokee Nation West
18. Give names of all their children, and residence, if living; if not living, give dates of deaths
English name-Sarah Ballard, b. 1830; Indian name- (MA # 5681)*; Residence- Maysville, Arkansas
English name- Charlotte Tarne (nee) Arthur, b. 1862 ; Indian name- ; Residence- Died 1855 *(I realize these dates are off)
English name- Nancy Arthur (nee) Nidiffer, b. 1832 ; Indian name- ; Residence- Died 1865
English name- George W. Arthur, b. 1836; Indian name- ; Residence- died 1862
English name- Barney Freeman Arthur, b. 1836 ; Indian name- ; Residence- died 1862
English name- Marthy Luckey (nee) Nidiffer, b. 1840*; Indian name- ; Residence- died 1900 *(Not sure who she is?)
19. Have you ever been enrolled for annuities, land, or other benefits? If so, state when and where- All rolls made since birth up until present time. Delaware District, Cherokee Nation West
21. To expedite identification, claimant should give the full English and Indian names, if possible, of their paternal and maternal ancestors back to 1835.
(Under this head the applicant may give additional information that he believes will assist in proving his claim).
Note: Answers should be brief but explicit: the words ‘yes’ , ‘no’, and ‘unknown’ may be used in cases where applicable. Read the questions carefully.
I solemnly swear that the foregoing statements made by me are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Signed: Henrietta Evelyn Nidiffer
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 10th day of December 1906.
Signed: H. O. Bland, Notary Public
(The following affidavit must be sworn to by two or more witnesses who are well acquainted with the applicant.)
Personally appeared before me J. Donohoo and O. F. Mason , who being duly sworn, on oath depose and say that they are well acquainted with Henrietta E. Nidiffer, who makes the foregoing application and statements, and have known her for 12 years and 8 years, respectively, and know her to be the identical person she represents herself to be, and that the statements made by her are true, to the best of their knowledge and belief, and they have no interest whatever in her claim.
Witnesses Signatures: J.Donohoo and O. F. Mason
Subscribed and sworn to before me on this 10th day of December 1906.
Signed: H. O. Bland, Notary Public
*Transcriber notes, Ttranscribed by catherine widener, 2003