| Comanche County | Cemeteries | Photos | Researcher | Pioneers | Records | Schools | Census | Helpful Links |
This site is proud to be a part of the USGenWeb and OKGenWeb
The Community of Taupa
| Taupa was located eight miles west of Lawton.
The community was named for Tau-pa, a Comanche Indian.
Tau-pa was a brother-in-law to Charley Ross. Both had allotments near the town of Faxon.
There was a store and a post office, which was located at the back of the store. The post office was opened
from Jan. 28, 1902 to Jan. 31, 1913. Although the train went by Taupa, it didn't stop. Mail was picked up and
dropped off by the train.