DEMPSEY (NE1/4 of 15-12-25)
DEMPSEY (NE1/4 of 15-12-25) Located in southwestern part of the county, twelve miles southwest of Cheyenne. A post office from June 23, 1903 to November 15, 1913. In 1904, the post office was located in a one-half dugout. Named for H.S. Dempsey (brother-in-law of J.M. Frankford. Mr. Frankford had donated the land for the Dempsey Cemetery). In 2009 the community meets the first Saturday night of each month for fellowship in their community building, which they recently re-modeled.